This privacy and data protection policy is designed to provide you with all the information you need to understand the scope and purpose of data processing so that your acceptance, which is absolutely necessary in order to access and use the website, is based on fully informed consent in accordance with Organic Law 3/2018 of 5 December on Data Protection and the Guarantee of Digital Rights and Regulation 2016/779 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data,.
Who is responsible for processing your data?
The data controller is INTERMUNDIAL XXI S.L.U. Insurance brokers, with tax ID no. B81577231, with registered office at C/ Irún 7, 1º C, CP: 28008, registered in the Companies Register of Madrid, Volume 11482, Folio 149, Section 8, Page M-180294 and in the Register of the Directorate-General for Insurance and Pension Funds under code J-1541. It has civil liability insurance and financial capacity, in accordance with current legislation. You may contact us by writing to us at the postal address stated in this paragraph or by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The management of the website www.intermundial.es, property of INTERMUNDIAL XXI S.L.U. Insurance brokers (hereinafter, INTERMUNDIAL), aims to provide users with information on the company's products and services.
For what purpose do we process your personal data?
INTERMUNDIAL XXI S.L.U. processes the information provided by the interested parties in order to manage the insurance contract they have signed with us, including the processing of claims and, where appropriate, travel assistance. We use data for the following purposes:
- Guarantee the content of the website.
- Continuously improve the user experience.
- Manage and control the contractual or, where appropriate, pre-contractual relationship entered into with the user through registration, request for information and/or contracting of services.
- Process claims arising from the insurance contract taken out.
- Assistance during the trip, if contracted.
- Inform you of any changes to our service.
- Store and manage queries or requests for information that may be made by e-mail or telephone.
- Commercial communications, information and news on new services offered and newsletters on topics related to tourism and the insurance industry. If you have taken out a policy with us, we will send you promotions and advertising of products that are similar to those contracted (insurance); however, you may object to such marketing at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
- Create our client's profile in order to send them advertising about our products according to their needs, without prejudice to the option to object to the aforementioned processing at any time, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Prevent fraud and maintain security, comply with legally applicable regulations or defend INTERMUNDIAL's interests.
In the case of a natural person, representative of a legal entity, self-employed or sole trader, the purpose may also include the conclusion of the business contract with INTERMUNDIAL.
INTERMUNDIAL would like to remind you that it does not store your credit card details, but only the information necessary for the correct management and execution of the services contracted by the customer.
For how long will we keep your data?
The data provided will be kept throughout the duration of the contract, and will be locked upon expiry of the contract.
In this way, the data will be locked and stored during the statute of limitations applicable to any actions that may arise in connection with the contractual relationship that you entered into.
The data provided will be kept for the duration of the insurance contract signed, as well as for as long as you have an account with us so that we can comply with our legal, tax and/or accounting obligations, and the data will be cancelled on expiry of the contract you have signed with INTERMUNDIAL. That is, the data will be locked and stored during the statute of limitations applicable to any actions that may arise in connection with the contractual relationship that you entered into, and will be subsequently deleted.
In the event that you object to our processing of certain personal data (also in connection with the receipt of our marketing communications), we will keep a record of your objection to the processing of your personal data so that we can continue to respect your wishes.
What is the legitimacy for the processing of your data?
The legal basis for processing your data is:
- Management of pre-contractual and, where appropriate, contractual measures based on Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR, as we collect and process your personal data primarily for the performance of insurance contracts in accordance with the conditions contained in such contracts.
In cases where you have contacted us with a request for information, we may contact you again to confirm whether there is anything further you require regarding that request.
The possible performance of the insurance contract taken out with INTERMUNDIAL according to the conditions of the insurance policy.
In the case of legal persons, self-employed persons or sole traders, the legal basis lies in the performance of the commercial contract.
- Unequivocal consent based on article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR, in the event that you are not a customer, for the sending of commercial communications, news and newsletters.
- We may obtain and process your personal data for our legitimate interests based on Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR (or those of any third party). Such legitimate interests include:
The legitimacy of the offer of products and services lies in the legitimate interest of the data controller, and the customer may at any time object to this type of processing, although the exercise of this right will not condition the performance of the contract under any circumstances.
Sending information requested by the interested party by sending their data and their needs;
Analysing and understanding how our services are used in order to improve them;
For the prevention of fraud or other criminal acts; or
Keeping our systems secure
- Complying with legal obligations.
We also inform you that failure to provide the required information results in it being impossible to sign and fulfil the contract.
To which recipients will your data be communicated?
The data will be communicated to the Insurers by virtue of the insurance contract signed, and to Servisegur XXI Consultores S.L.U., with Tax ID no. B81398414, registered office at C/ Irún 7, 1º D, Madrid, CP: 28008; for processing claims arising from the insurance and travel assistance contract, if applicable.
The data may also be disclosed to third parties in the following cases:
- Once you have given your consent to the distribution and/or disclosure of your data.
- If we must disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of INTERMUNDIAL, our customers, or other third parties.
- By provision of law, regulation or pursuant to a decision of a competent judicial or regulatory authority or, if necessary, in order to preserve their rights and interests.
What are your rights when you provide us with your data?
Any person has the right to obtain confirmation as to whether INTERMUNDIAL is processing personal data concerning them.
The interested party shall have the right to withdraw his/her consent at any time, provided that the processing is not necessary for the purpose of fulfilling the contract. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the legality of the processing based on consent prior to its withdrawal.
You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, deletion, restriction of processing, objection and data portability through the Exercise and Rights Form, or by addressing a letter to our Legal Advisory Department at C/ Irún 7, 1º A Izquierda, Madrid, 28008 or by e-mail to email@example.com.
Ultimately, you can request information on your rights and file a claim with the Spanish Data Protection Authority, whose registered office is at calle Jorge Juan, nº 6, 28001 Madrid.
Última actualización: July 2021